Every little girl will possibly have the chance to be a flower girl at some point in her life, and parents will do well to find flower girl dresses that will not only make her look her prettiest, but will also not put a serious strain on the budget. This is especially true during these recent years of an economic strain, but that does not mean that little girls should miss their chance of playing flower girl, especially for the wedding of relatives or close friends.
As a parent or a bride looking for the best dresses for your flower girls, you need to understand though that buying flower girl dresses may not be as straightforward as simply finding something you find pretty. For adults, finding a pretty dress that fits, and also fits the budget, may be all that matters. But for little girls, the following guidelines should help you decide as you choose between different flower girl dresses:
- Formality – When choosing flower girl dresses, you need to pay attention to the formality of the wedding. This is because the flower girl needs to look in tune with the rest of the entourage or even with the bride. If the wedding is on the beach, the best flower girl dress would be one in light, airy colors like pastels, with simple designs. But if the wedding is in a ballroom setting, the flower girl dress will have to be fancy, such as the Baby Girls White Pink Floral Easter Flower Girl Pageant Dress.
- Style – Style is another consideration when looking for flower girl dresses. Generally, the style needs to be in line with the style of the wedding. Some brides like to have the flower girl in a mini-version of their gown, or a mini-version of the dresses that the bridesmaids wear. But even if there is not such a tangible congruency, as long as the flower girls’ dresses come in a similar style, it should be fine.
- Color – If you are buying a ready-made flower girl’s dress, it is also crucial to remember the color scheme, or motif, of the wedding. For example, the New Sleeveless Dress with Rolled Flower Waistband comes in many colors, and you can likely find one in your particular color motif. If you opt for a flower girl dress in a neutral color, like cream or ecru, you can add some color by putting embellishments like flowers on her dress or bows and ribbons on her hair. Alternatively, you can also incorporate the color into the color of her shoes.
- Comfort – Experts would really recommend parents to pay close attention to the comfort level that comes with little girls dresses. This is because the comfort that a little girl feels in any dress automatically affects the way she carries herself. For a flower girl, it is also in everybody’s best interest to make sure that she is comfortable in her dress so that the day goes as smoothly as possible with less chance of little girls going on temper tantrums simply because their dress is too itchy or too uncomfortable. With this in mind, make sure you also buy a comfortable pair of shoes, as there is nothing that contributes to crankiness as much as a tight pair of shoes, especially when worn over a long period of time. As much as possible, buy flat shoes, even if the child begs and begs for high-heeled ones; an hour into the wedding, you will be glad you did.
- Quality and wrinkle factor – In addition to comfort, you will need to consider the wrinkle factor of the dress. Remember that little girls will hardly sit still throughout the ceremony and reception. This means that it is likely that she will be running around and getting her dress all messed up. As such it is a good idea to make sure the dress you buy is not prone to wrinkling or easy tearing.
These are the top considerations you need to make when looking for flower girl dresses. Of course, you may need to consider the budget as well as other things, but if you pay attention to these five things, you can be well on your way to having a memorable time, whether you are the bride or simply the parents of the flower girl. After all, the flower girl gets her chance to shine, too, at every wedding, tossing the flower petals down the aisle to prepare the way of the bride.